The holy month of Ramadan brings slow phase in hiring and recruitment in the Middle East. Many companies and recruiters put-off hiring activities in this month. Here’s how you can maximize job search efforts this Ramadan.
1. Don’t slow down: Don’t stop your job search in Ramadan. Keep looking or new job postings on job portals and company websites. Networking with the same people who are searching for job may helpful.
2. Be a smart job seeker: Work smart for a swift and important job search. Be organized, so that you can send more applications to full fill the needs of each employer. Keep information ready, so that you can apply instantly.
3. Update your CV: It’s important to update your CV every six months, to grab the attention of recruiters. Have a searchable resume to get searchable in resume databases. Your resume should have a suitable job title and relevant keywords. If you are looking for a tailor-made resume, subscribe our resume services.
4. Build your brand: Social media is the widely used channel in recruitment to find the right candidate for their requirement.
5. Learn to hard sell: Selling yourself can be it on your CV, an interview or a networking opportunity may define your USP. Once you know your USP that will help in your career to make wonders.
6. Design a targeted job search strategy: Design a targeted job search plan to focus your mind on a targeted job search. Make a list of specific industries, organizations or areas that can help identify different positions that you are qualified for.
7. Focus on upskilling yourself: Refresh your skills regularly to give your job search extra momentum. Signup for an online course or attend webinars to update your skills.