Boss is the one who manages whole team of employees and the boss should be like a role model for the team. A good boss is the one who encourages and motivates his/her team in a way that they think they have more ability to do the work and they can consistently perform better. In the present corporate world, bosses are finding new methods to motivate their team and are being more casual and approachable to their team. Here are some tips to be followed by a boss to be labeled as a cool boss:
- Effective communication:Being a boss, you should have effective communication so that your team can understand you better and your good communication with the team will bring you closer to the subordinates. Building good work place relationships will only be possible through good communication.
- Don’t be too formal:If you are too formal with the team it may degrade their performance as they will fear to share their ideas with you. Therefore try to be friendly and informal with the team and create a business environment such that everyone will get a chance to speak and share their ideas.
- Create flexible work environment:Creating flexible work environment and giving choice to work from home can increase the productivity of your team as they will feel less stressful. Develop your own style of motivating your team members.
- Work life balance:As a boss you should support your team in maintaining a work life balance. Give them their own space to work and always be open for accepting new ideas and suggestions from your team.
- Appreciate:Remember that appreciation works better than criticism, so, instead criticizing them, praise them for their good work and give them a constructive feedback for the mistakes they have done. This will help them in improving their performance and their respect towards you will increase.
- Welcome diverse ideas:Without being biased towards some people in the team, treat each and every individual of the team equally and encourage new ideas. Welcome individuals from different cultures, religion and place. This will ensure that the team will work united. Being a boss develop speaking skills of your team for an effective communication flow.
- Pay attention:As a boss you should always pay attention and listen what your team members are saying. Give them regular feedback and listen to their personal problems and issues at work.
- Have fun:Employees feel bored when they work continuously, so make them feel relaxed by planning for some outings, team lunch etc. This type of activities will not only encourage them but will also help them in creating good bonding.