As a jobseeker you need to face certain hurdles to get through the interview. However interview questions are direct and indirect. Direct questions may focus on to test your communication skills that fit your job role. The indirect job questions are designed to test your behavioural and analytical skills. So Interviews are never direct. Here are some weird interview questions to prepare well for a job interview and answer them.
If you were an animal! What animal would you be?
● Respond with an animal with a good reputation
● Mention an animal with traits that desirable in the role you are applying for
● Common animals that are used in answering this question are dogs, elephants, whales and ants as they possess suitable qualities for the corporate environment.
Tell me 10 ways to use a pencil other than writing
● Have some fun with your answers
● Make sure to give exactly 10 uses
● Feel free to take short pauses to think about more uses
● Feel free to laugh at a particularly silly use
How do you define success and how do you measure up to your definition?
● Include continuous improvement in your answer
● Mention a willingness to go beyond and above.
● Be confident and be generous.
● Do not be prideful.
● Your definition may also speak to your knowledge.
List five words that describe your character
● Which is a good indicator of the type of employee you will be?
● List specific words that you feel represent your uniqueness
● Choose words that fit the job you are applying for
● All your words should be positive and self affirming
● Instead of just listing the words make a context around them.