While, rapid changes in digitization, artificial intelligence and developments in mobile internet and cloud technology are playing key role in today’s job market. Here are some new skills which will help you to stay ahead in the uncertain job market.
- AI/machine learning researcher: If you have a PhD in machine learning algorithms with basic understanding of research improvements to machine learning algorithms will help you to stay ahead of the curve.
- AI software development: This position is like any other normal software engineering position like program management and test, and refers to developing the systems and infrastructure that can apply machine learning to an input data set. Having a bachelor’s degree and some knowledge of machine learning and AI, and good math skills will be an added advantage to you.
- Human interaction designer: Interaction design is a process which involves creating and engaging web interfaces with logical and well-thought-out behavior and actions. Top companies are looking for creative interactive designers to make sure that their digital applications work as per and of users.
- Machine learning applications: If you have knowledge of machine learning or AI framework to a specific problem in a different domain will help you standout in the job market.
- 3D Design: 3D printing is the new age technology which enables on designers who can take product idea and translate in to final output.
- Content engineering: Content engineering is divided in to five disciples like model, metadata, markup, schema and taxonomy. It involves creation, publication and governance of useful, usable content. Content engineers targets the ‘who, what, when, where and why’ of content experiences and assets.
- People skills: Having people skills like people management, coordinating with others, collaboration, etc. will be hot skills to stay ahead of the curve and helps as an instrumental in maintaining your social and emotional intelligence.