Here are some important tips to the candidates who wish to attend walk-In interviews.
● Prepare well to answer well with confidence and stay relaxed.
● Prepare well for some commonly asked interview questions.
● Don’t forget to carry your updated resume to the interview.
● Place all required certificates and documents in an order.
● Do research about the company on internet or brochures or social media.
● Make sure that you have dressed formally.
● Be professional and stay simple.
● Reach early for the interview. Some walk-ins are conducted on a ‘First come first serve basis’.
● Be confident and don’t be nervous about the crowd.
● Wait for your turn. Do not speak negatively or complain about the flaws in the waiting area.
● Be polite and it is important to act smoothly while talking and keep smiling.
● Create an impression that you are independent, flexible and patient.
● Listen while interviewer is talking. Wait till he/she is finished then start talking.
● Speak in flow with the topic but do not speak irrelevantly and do not deviate from the topic.
● Maintain eye contact but do not stare.
● Ask questions only when you are given an opportunity to ask.
● Thank the interviewer before leaving and leave with confidence.
Advantages of Walk-in interviews:
● Since both the interviewer and the candidate are physically present, there is no scope of any misunderstanding.
● It is an easy and fastest method to interview the candidates and know more about the candidate’s behavior, attitude and personality.
● The candidate can present his best behavior and impress the recruiters within a short span of time.
● They are often simple, quick, prompt and costs less, compared to the traditional interviews.
● Companies offer immediate offer to the candidates in walk-ins.
Disadvantages of Walk-in interviews:
● Sometimes it is bit difficult to assess a candidates kills within short interval.
● They need to screen them in short period of time as there would be no proper pre-screening.
● Sometimes long line of candidates for walk-in interviews waiting anxiously.
● Walk-in interviews are conducted for freshets’ or entry-level candidates.