Interview is a place where one person needs to exhibit their potentiality by answering the questions in a right manner. Job interview is an important place and the skills you exhibit will be added to your career. Be jovial at an interview but within limits. The interviewer can make an impression that you are a person who enjoys life with fun. Follow the below points which makes sense in interviews.
- Asking about the salary is not advisable in first meeting: It is always better to wait till the employer talk about the salary details in first. Normally, a recruiting process involves a specific round for salary negotiations. In HR round, the recruiting person takes initiative tonegotiate salary details. So, before going for an interview perform a research on pat details of your functionality in the same city to get an idea about the quote.
- Ask questions, when you get your turn in an interview: Do ground work before an interview and prepare a set of questions before the interview itself to ask the interviewer. Do research about the performance and background check of company. These initiatives may helpful to get through the interview.
- Be professional in an interview:Maintain a professional attitude in an interview. Use proper grammar and sentences to the point. Be easy with your vocabulary and articulate well. Doesn’t use slang while speaking and be smart at interviews.
- Never ask about vacations, promotions, bonuses and other benefits: Never take initiate to ask questions about vacations, promotions, bonuses and other benefits in second round itself. Instead of that, explain your skills and additional qualifications and how they may useful to contribute to the organization.
- Never discuss about controversial issues in an interview: Remember that, never make any negative comments on opposite gender, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, race, handicaps and religions in any condescending language.
- Be professional about former employer: Never comment about your former employer and give crisp reason for quitting the old organization.
- Get prepared for the question” Why should I hire you?”: This is a question which requires to give a wise answer. Present yourself in what way, your experience and knowledge will contribute to the organization.
- Be positive in answering about your weaknesses: Answering the question to “Tell us your weaknesses?” is a critical one and it requires giving a positive answer with a strong tone.