You are preparing for a job interview to answer all the related questions about your qualifications, experience, and your resume and why should the company hire you? But the interviewer asked some open ended questions as mentioned below to see if the candidate will be a culture fit. So start your interview preparation to answer perfectly.
Below is the collection of some open ended questions:
1. Give me a general view of your current responsibilities.
2. If you could have the perfect job, what would it be?
3. Think of a problem you had to deal with at your last job. Tell me exactly what happened and how you handled it.
1. Describe a situation in which you might find it justifiable to break company policy or alter standard procedure.
4. In your past job experience, tell me about a time when you stuck to company policy to solve a problem when it might have been easier or more immediately effective not to.
5. Give me an example of a time when communicating with a customer was difficult. Give me an example of how you handled it.
6. Think of a day when you had many things to do and describe how you scheduled your time.
7. Tell me about something you’ve done in your current job that is creative.
8. Tell me about a time when you made a quick decision that you were proud of.
9. Tell me about an important goal you have set in the past and how successful you were in accomplishing it.
10. Think of a time when you had to do a task that was particularly uninteresting. How did you deal with it?
11. What experience have you had with a miscommunication with a customer? How did you solve the problem?
12. Tell me about a time when an upper-level decision or a policy change held up your work.
13. Have you ever had to make a sticky decision when no policy existed to cover it? Tell me what you did.
14. Describe a time when you communicated some unpleasant news or feelings to a supervisor. What happened?
15. What has been your experience in dealing with poor performance of subordinates? Give me an example.
16. In your current position, what types of decisions do you make without consulting your boss?
17. Can you give me an example of when you came up with a clever way of motivating someone?
18. Give me an example of a time when you got really motivated at work.
19. What have been major obstacles which you have had to overcome on your most recent job. How did you deal with them?
20. What types of things have made you angry? How did you react to those situations?
21. Describe a situation in your last job where you could structure your own work schedule. What did you do?
22. Describe for me a time when you made a mistake that illustrates your need for improvement in a certain area.
23. You have heard the expression, “being able to roll with the punches.” Describe a time when you had to do that.
24. If you could be “supervisor-for-a-day” at your current (or most recent) position, what changes would you make