The year 2018 began with a positive note that overall job market is showing positive trends. Among the job market, petrochemicals and infrastructure sectors remained as the top employment generating sectors of the job market. Followed by construction and manufacturing sectors. This month saw demand for quality control, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, entertainment, media, journalism, engineering, accounting and finance profiles. January 2018 saw significant growth in demand for the profiles such as Sales, business development and hospitality professionals. The demand was more for the professionals with less than 2 years of experience in January 2018, followed by professionals with 5-10 years of experience.
Following are some of the key trends in January 2018:
● The petrochemicals sector in India has seen a significant rise in hiring during the month, followed by the infrastructure sector.
● Petrochemicals sector registered 15% rise in hiring
● Infrastructure sector posted 12% rise in talent demand
● Travel & hospitality sector saw 8% rise in talent demand
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY FUNCTION
● Quality control professionals saw highest rise in demand in January 2018, followed by biotechnology professionals.
● Quality control professionals reported 15% rise in demand
● Biotechnology, pharmaceutical profile saw 14% rise in demand n Entertainment, media and journalism witnessed 12% rise in demand
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY LOCATION
● The recruitment index recorded maximum growth in Vadodara.
● Mumbai and Bengaluru were the top hiring metros in January 2018.
● Among top ten locations, Vadodara reported 7% rise in demand n Mumbai and Pune posted 6% rise in talent demand
● Bengaluru and Hyderabad saw 4% rise in talent demand
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY EXPERIENCE
● Hiring for professionals with less than 2 years of experience witnessed highest rise in demand during January 2018.
● Candidates with less than 2 years of experience reported 8% rise
● Professionals with 5-10 years of experience posted 4% rise
● Candidates with 2-5 years of experience witnessed 3% rise