Rise in growth of the IT sector it has been creating lucrative job opportunities in the near future. Going further, Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC) are expected to offer a US$ 1 trillion opportunity in the IT segment. Here are some new age skills which will be sought by recruiters in coming months:
● Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC): SMAC creates an eco system that helps to improve business operations and get closer to the customer with minimum overhead and maximum reach. Recruiters across IT-software, software services, telecom, BPO/ITeS, internet/dotcom are looking for the candidates who are able to build a holistic view of the organization’s strategy, processes and information technology assets. A SMAC application manager needs to ensure that the business and IT are in alignment. Average starting salary would be Rs 4-8 lakhs per annum.
● Security analysts: With growing cyber attacks creating demand for security analyst professionals. Companies across IT-software, software services, consulting, IT-hardware/networking, internet/dotcom are looking to hire security analyst professionals to plan and implement security measures to protect an organization’s computer networks and systems. Average starting salary for security analysts would be 3.5-7.5 lakhs per annum.
● Security Engineers: Security engineering is a specialized role that deals with possible sources of disruption, ranging from natural disasters to malicious acts. Security engineer’s roles involves identifying weak spots and suggests enhancements, setting security direction and constantly examine, challenge and adapt it to track and reduce security issues.
● Supply chain management: Supply chain management involves optimizing your operations and maximizes your speed and efficiency. Supply chain professionals must have knowledge on various functions such as transportation, warehousing, inventory management and production planning. Top sectors like financial services, IT-software, software services, manufacturing, FMCG are looking to hire with an average starting salary of 3-7.5 lakhs per annum.
● Coders: Rise in demand for websites growth, online applications and social networking, demand for coders have grown exponentially. Recruiters across Healthcare, IT-software, internet/dotcom, BFSI, BPO/ITeS are looking to hire experienced coders.