Recent wisdom jobs study mentioned that job market saw a drop of 3% in December 2017. The yearend saw celebrations and holidays in many companies so the hiring market saw dropdown and many companies planned their hiring plans for the next calendar year.
During December 2017 accounting & tax, legal & law and recruitment sectors emerged as the top employment generators of December 2017. Functional profile such as doctors, nurses, medical professionals, human resources, business management professionals, consultants and freelance profiles saw huge growth. Among key locations Lucknow, Chandigarh and Ahmadabad are top hiring locations. Following are some of the key recruitment trends in December 2017.
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY INDUSTRY
Amid, December 2017 accounting & tax sector in India witnessed a considerable rise in hiring during the month, followed by legal & law sector.
● Accounting & tax sector registered 19% rise in hiring
● Legal & law sector posted 12% rise in talent demand
● Recruitment sector saw 4% rise in talent demand
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY FUNCTION
Functional wise Doctors, medical professionals saw 6% talent demand in December 2017, followed by HR professionals.
● Doctors, medical professionals reported 6% rise in demand
● Human resources profile saw 5% spike in demand
● Business mgt, consultants, freelancers noted 5% hike in demand
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY LOCATION
Location wise projections indicated that Lucknow saw maximum growth as compared to other top metros in December 2017.
● Lucknow reported 13% rise in demand
● Chandigarh posted 11% rise in talent demand
● Ahmedabad saw hike of nearly 5% in recruitment activities
RECRUITMENT TRENDS BY EXPERIENCE
Experience wise hiring trends reveal that professionals with over 20 years of experience saw more demand during December 2017.
● Candidates with over 20 years of experience reported 8% rise in demand
● Professionals with 2-5 yrs and 5-10 yrs of experience posted 4% drop
● Jobseeker with less than 2 years of experience witnessed 3% drop