During your hiring, the HR interview is also as important as the Technical interview. While other interview rounds are conducted to assess your skills and experience, the HR interview is mainly used to check your background, judge your personality, strengths, weaknesses, capability to manage the role and to know whether you’re fit for the job and the company.
Just as it is for other interviews, it’s also important to dress professionally, maintain positive body language, use appropriate language, and provide apt answers during an HR interview. Here are some common HR interview questions that you should be prepared to answer:
● Why are you interested in this position?
● Tell me/us about yourself.
● Tell us about your achievements?
● Why are you leaving your current job?
● Are you happy with your career and growth till now?
● What do you like/dislike about your current job?
● Do you have any questions for me?
The following HR interview questions are used to probe your abilities and motivations:
● What do you know about the company?
● Tell me about your family background?
● Tell me about your weaknesses. How do you work to improve on them?
● Who is your role model? Why?
● Where do you see yourself after 2 years?
● What is your goal in life?
● Why have you applied for this job?
● What is the motivating factor for you at work?
● If you are recruiting someone for this position, what qualities would you look for?
● You have been working with your current company for a long time. Why?
● You have been job-hopping in the last decade. Why is that?
● Did you face any problems in your last role?
● How do you handle criticism at work?
● Tell us about your work/leadership style?
● How would you handle a problem with your own performance?
● How would you classify your style of management?
● How would you work through a situation where your team does not perform as expected?
● Have you ever had to fire anyone? How did you handle it?
● Why should I hire you?