Rejoining the work after a long career break is not an easy task. Year 2016 had created many job opportunities to job seekers and job seeker can look forward for better opportunities in the year 2017. If you are looking to restart your career then you need to have below skills to transit your career after a long career break. Here are some quick tips for women professionals to restart their career in 2017.
- Build self-confidence: Having low confidence majority of women experience low confidence levels when they are on career break. It can be overcome by upgrading their skills with latest courses, grab any internship or volunteering to rebuild your confidence. Improve your skills with online learning courses to enhance your knowledge and get ready for today’s job.
- Networking: Having strong networking skills will help you to get the job you want. Gain more people skills to move further in your career. Reconnect with your friends and family who are working in your domain and who may help you to restart your career in a successful way.
- Reassessment of your career: Career experts say that we should reinvent our career at least 3 times in our working life. Take career break once find a perfect opportunity matching your needs, also try something new and get ready to restart your career.
- Get ready for job: Make plans to balance work life when you are ready to restart your career after a long gap. Many companies across industries are conducting special drives for women to restart their career in an exciting way. While TATA encouraging women employees with TATA-second career internship program, Genpact initiated career 2.0 to encourage ambitious women who want to rejoin after a long break.
- Brush up your skills: Brush up your skills to restart your career as technology is changing day to day. A simple course in MS Office suite or Google Drive suite can help regain those skills in no time.