Going for an interview with prior preparation is very important as interview is the deciding factor when you are applying for a job opening. Preparing well will also increase the chances of winning a job. Good preparation includes dressing up well, how to talk, how to face the interviewer and also most importantly what to carry for an interview. Many candidates get confused of what to carry for an interview. Here are some of the essential things that you need to carry for an interview:
● Carry proof of identification: Many companies ask for an identification proof before entering in to the interview premises. Some may just ask to show the photo copy and some companies ask to show the original ID proof. Some companies ask to fill up the details in their company portal. Therefore it is better to carry both a photo copy and an original ID proof while going for an interview.
● Print out of the invitation mail: When you apply for jobs or register in the company portal and if you meet their eligibility criteria, they will in return send you an invitation mail to come for an interview. They will also ask to bring a print out of that mail so as to avoid any inconvenient situations. Therefore you should not forget to a carry a print out of that mail. If you fail to carry a print out, there are chances that you may not be allowed for the interview.
● Carry extra copies of your resume: Resume is like a mirror of your achievements. Therefore preparing an attractive resume and carrying it for the interview is very essential. Also it is better to carry some extra copies of resume because sometimes you may be asked to submit some extra copies.
● Carry a notepad and a pen: Some companies will ask to fill up a form or some application before the interview process begins. So, it is better to carry a pen than borrowing from others. It is also good to carry a notepad so that you can make a note of company information if they provide.
● Carry passport size photographs and also copies of your educational credentials: When you go for an interview and if you get selected, some companies will ask you submit your photographs and education credentials to confirm your appointment. So, it is better to carry your photographs and also photo copies of all your education credentials.
It is also suggested that not to carry too much of stuff for the interview and make yourself look silly. Rather talk smart, have a smile on your face and be confident, as these will finally help you in cracking an interview.