● What sets you apart from your peers in terms of technical skills and abilities, traits, experience, certifications and performance (output)?
● What does your “product” (i.e., your skill-set) deliver that others don’t?
● What types of situations or tasks do you handle well?
● What are you passionate about? What do you like to do?
● What do other people see as your strengths?
● What is your Achilles heel?
● What negative feedback have you received from others, including prospective hiring managers?
● What tasks do you struggle with or try to avoid?
● Why would an employer select another candidate over you?
● Could you be passed over for a key project or promotion, and why?
● What knowledge, skills and certifications are you missing?
● How can you take advantage of the current market? Is there an unmet need for a skill or trait that you possess?
● How can you leverage your strengths more than you’re currently doing?
● Is there an opportunity to pivot to an emerging role or industry?
● How you are uniquely positioned to solve your company’s problems or to create innovative solutions? What could be done today that isn’t being done?
● Could you enhance your skillset by transferring to a new team or project?
● Could you raise your stature and expand your network by blogging or speaking at conferences?
● Which of your technical skills will be the first to go out-of-date?
● What skills do new CS grads have that you don’t?
● How could an industry-wide shift to the cloud, Big Data, IoT, mobile, or any other new technology impact your role or specialty?
● What are the biggest threats facing your industry/company and how will they impact you?
● Is your company using cutting-edge technology, or is it behind the times?
● If you were laid off tomorrow, how long would it take you to find a new position?