Social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram align with different goals that occasionally intersect.
● Instagram known as a visual portfolio
● LinkedIn known as a virtual resume
● Twitter considered as a digital communicator
● Facebook also considered as a platform though impossible to believe. It occupies great reachability through professional groups and business pages. It is built on existing personal relationships to know more information about a candidate.
What social media sites are popular?
According to the latest survey on Social media channels in Hiring mentioned that LinkedIn (96%), followed by Facebook (66%) and Twitter (53%) reached more group of people as compared to previous year it was Facebook (76%), followed by Twitter (53%), and LinkedIn (48%).
The survey also mentioned that social media plays key role in 66 per cent of the organizations to optimize their recruiting tools for smartphones, such as career websites (39%), followed closely by job postings and applications (each at 36%). 47 per cent of employers screen candidates just after receiving an application.
Reshaping the world of hiring
Following facts are observed while reshaping the world of hiring with social media:
● You can get higher quality candidates with social media channels
● It’s cost effective
● It shortens hiring time
● It gives you the competitive advantage
● Transparency goes both ways
The above five reasons helps both employers as well as employees. Below mentioned tips works as a guideline for our corporate world.
● Know more
● Just don’t connect with the hiring manager
● Up your LinkedIn SEO
● Actually connect with people you don’t know
● Reconnect with people you do know
● Follow people at your dream companies
● Create lists of all the amazing people you follow
● Don’t over-interact
● Don’t hide your whole profile
● Make professional status updates public
● “Like” the companies you love