Leadership is critical task and it required various soft skills and management skills with interpersonal skills. Most of the leaders are born leaders only and some of them are building with required skills. Three types of leaders and their skills are explained as below:
What kind of leadership skills required for Indian Inc: Nearly 45 percent of Indian organizations thought that most of the leaders lack required leadership skills says a survey. Main skills included are soft skills like communication, presentation and listening skills. Moreover 40 percent of organizations feel that these skills are lacking in mid level managers who will be the next generation leaders. It is also known fact that changing work place relationships and work place dynamics advises that one style of leadership is not appropriate for present day’s situation. It is best to create a leadership style in combination with ownership and strategic model.
Leadership skills for effective leaders: Combination of hard skills and soft skills will produce the effective global leaders. Below steps may helpful to build a strong leader with global skills:
1. Self assessment studies to build and develop leadership skills
2. Take analysis reports from your supervisors to build required skills
3. Join leadership and management development programs to build the right skills
4. You may join in certification programs as per your functional skillset
5. Assess your performance regularly with these kind of tests
6. Take additional courses in the areas where you need improvement.
7. Learning is an ongoing process and you need to assess your skills and keep learning in order to remain effective in today’s competitive workplace.
Leadership skills for global leaders: Leadership skills are main course to highlight them as per the requirement. But leadership gurus from global insitituiue shave proved the many leaders across the globe lack some skills like oft skills, such as effective listening and communication, key messaging, professional presentation skills, supervision skills, public speaking and which are very hard to learn at some level. Even the MBA courses from business schools are also not covering these core soft skills. They also said that teaching financial statement preparation is much better than teaching communication skills.