Here are some engineering specializations that will be demand in 2017.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the hottest skill in the market as many startups are building solutions on this. From startups to fortune 500 companies have been creating solutions on AI as there was a huge demand and supply gap in the industry.
- Python language: Studies say, Python language will have huge demand in 2017 as most of the machine learning algorithms is being written using Python language.
- Natural language processing: Automation is the next big thing in the product development as many companies across verticals moving towards automation. Automation helps in reducing manual work which is now being done by Machines, thus reducing cost and making work much faster. Chat engines are other areas where companies are spending more to make work much faster.
- Big Data specialists: Big data is main stream for many companies as they have started using big data databases. Still companies are facing shortage of skilled big data specialists who are proficient in using big data and data analysis.
- Interface design: Interface design play key role in providing seamless experience to users. Now the importance of seamless experience, functionality and user interface having equal importance. Candidates with excellent interface skills have huge demand in the market.
Tech companies are looking for the professionals who can customize off-the-shelf applications, work on APIs and integration points, and even develop agile software. Here are some important skills engineering students must have:
- Best coding skills: A good engineer must have the best coding skills along with the broad knowledge of different hardware and software systems and their compatibility levels.
- Cloud environment skills: Cloud computing is growing in a considerable way as it is creating many opportunities across the businesses. Companies looking for Cloud architects, software engineers with cloud or AWS [Amazon Web Services] experience, DevOps engineers for the functional roles such as cloud technologies, supporting integration and engineering the architecture.
- Database management: While rise in growth for big data functional has created demand for database management professionals across data modeling and database design to provide database performance and data integrity and security.