Online jobs hiring activities in the month of October 2016 saw 8% growth according to a survey. The education sector has saw growth as compared to other sectors in the market. The rise in festive season sales has created boom in online hiring across BPO sector, logistics industry and customer service professionals with 45%, 28% and 75% respectively.
Location wise online hiring activities revealed that jobs in Kolkata (29%) lead the list followed by jobs in Delhi (26%) and jobs in Ahmadabad (25 %) respectively. Jaipur top the list of Tier II cities with 29% then followed by Kochi with 28% hiring activities.
Industry wise Y-O-Y online hiring trends :-
While, education sector has saw highest growth followed by BPO/ITES among other industries. It has recorded the second highest growth in the observed industries. IT software and hardware industry saw lower growth than past three months and six months in October 2016. Retail sector saw negative growth in July, August and September 2016.Oil, Gas and Petroleum sectors saw 10% upward trend in September 2016. Automotive/ Ancillaries / Tyres (upward growth) and Logistic, Courier/ Freight/ Transportation (upward growth 18 %) registered positive hiring trend in September 2016.
Occupation wise Y-O-Y online hiring trends :-
- Customer services professionals saw huge demand
- Finance and Accounts professionals registered average growth rate as compared to previous year
- HR and Admin professionals saw decline in demand
- Purchase/ Logistics/ Supply Chain professionals also saw downfall demand
- Hospitality & Travel and Arts/Creative professionals saw steepest decline from the year-ago.
Location wise Y-O-Y online hiring trends :-
- Kolkata and Jaipur saw steepest growth in online hiring activities
- Kochi saw 8% annual growth among the all observed cities
- Mumbai registered upward growth in September 2016
- Delhi-NCR followed by Bangalore and Baroda. Baroda saw negative growth in September 2016.
Overall, the education sector has seen more growth in past months as compared to other sectors. Introducing the new education policy and digitization comprising Page 2 of 8 2 paperless attendance system and e-classrooms has created more jobs in Education sector. However festival season created more demand for customer care professionals and jobs growth in BPO sector.