Recent survey report by Wisdom Jobs on hiring outlook HY 2017 revealed that employment outlook In June dips shortly and hiring outlook for entry level is no change but middle level and senior level hiring outlook saw significant downfall in recent days. Large scale businesses are least effected and set to hire more during the half year, while medium sizes businesses are down and plan less as compared to previous quarter. IT and engineering role jobs gain importance as fewer sales and marketing jobs would be created over the next six months as hiring is down. However financial sector makes the cashless environment with considerable increase in hiring activities. Healthcare & Pharma and Knowledge Process Outsourcing saw rise in hiring levels on their consistent track record. Construction & Real Estate and Manufacturing, Engineering and Infrastructure are the worst affected sector in last month. With the impact of demonetization, sectors like construction & Real Estate and Manufacturing, Engineering & Infrastructure saw downfall in hiring activities.
The best cities to move to for job growth are:
While the survey mentioned below locations as the worst cities to move to for job growth:
The top three sectors (by city) in terms of employment outlook growth are –
- Mumbai: Financial services (5%), telecommunication (3%) and Healthcare & Pharma (2%).
- Delhi : Financial services, e-commerce & internet startups and KPO (4% each).
- Bengaluru : KPO (4%), E-commerce & internet startups (3%) and financial services (3%).
- Kolkata : Financial services (3%), media & entertainment (3%) and educational services (2%).
- Chennai : Financial services (3%), telecommunication (3%) and retail 2%.
- Pune : Telecommunication (4%), e-commerce & internet startups (4%) and KPO (3%).
- Hyderabad : Media & entertainment (5%), financial services (4%) and e-commerce & internet startups (3%).
- Ahmedabad : Agrochemicals, retail and travel & hospitality (2% each).