Insurance companies have many openings in in the marketing, distribution, actuarial, underwriting and operation departments for suitable candidates. Even though some jobs will be same in any industry like investing, marketing and distribution but actuarial and underwriting jobs are exclusively available in this sector. This article explains about new and untouched spheres for careers in the insurance sector.
Insurance is new sunrise sector which has included large number of openings in the market. Let search search for the following job openings and their demand in the market.
● Actuaries: The majority of actuaries are offered with suitable employment in the Insurance industry. They basically deal with risk. They deal with the statistical probability of a future event like accidents or natural disasters), and provide guidance to managers on how to reduce any likely financial impact of adverse events. A professional with said experience will have great demand in the market.
● Underwriter: An underwriter job role includes making a decision to grant insurance to a person or not based on the pre-determined terms and conditions. The demand is more in the field of survey and underwriting in the insurance sectors. An underwriter role includes assessing the risk and decides the premium rates that should be charged.
● Surveyor: Surveyors works in Non-life business not in Life insurance business. A surveyor’s role is to assess the loss that has been estimated by the insured, in respect of his insured property or asset. After that he prepares the report to send the insurance company. Based on the surveyor’s report and then the company settle the claim.
● Insurance investmentor: An insurance investmentor is a professional, who will guide the operations, most of which may be done by asset management companies where a lot of opportunities exist for professionals.
● Marketing and distribution: A graduate in any stream can perform this job which is responsible for developing, driving and implementing marketing activity for selected groups.