When you are receiving an interview call it may excite you to schedule an interview immediately. Before you proceed with this you should know that how it can impact your chances of getting job. Here you cannot control the date and time of your job interview. Consider these tips to make sure of success in a job interview.
● Avoid Early Mornings: Meeting a person in the early morning may have great impact. But avoid the first meeting of the day as it has some drawbacks. Your interview may have to do list in the morning this interview may hamper this schedule. If you are the first person to attend an interview it should be the benchmark for others, so it may have some impact. So, early morning meetings will not have any positive effect to your career.
● Avoid last meetings: End of the day may have number of important tasks for next mornings. These things may include next morning meeting, family priorities, dinner plans, kids etc. If you are the last person to be interviewed then the quality of decision making may depreciates along with the decision making process. Last meetings or End of the day meetings may hamper your critical thinking abilities and increases the rejection percentages.
● Avoid meeting pre or post lunch: Having a schedule of interview before or after the lunch is also not a good indication. Your interview can be cut short because of lunch time and just after can leave you waiting for a long time.
● Avoid Mondays or Fridays: First day after a long weekend or before the weekend will hamper your interview. Monday will have last week’s follow-up and Friday may have weekend charm can spoil your interview. So, it is best to avoid scheduling on either of the two days.
● Get some info about interviewers: If possible get some information about the interviewers from the inside people. It would help you choose the right time of the day. It also helps you know what meetings the interviewer is coming out of or going into.