A job search involves hours of hardwork, applying for posted jobs, crafting your profile and follow-up with the hiring mangers. Here are 5 things you must do when your job search is stand still and rolling on.
- Resume makeover: Resume plays key role in attracting employers and short listing for the job. Add creative colors, change fonts and add unique sections to show expertise in different skills. Make your resume more attractive even though you do not belong to the creative industry. At least make some changes in heading, tweak entire resume to increase your chances of getting shortlisted. Use professional resume services help like Wisdom Jobs career edge to standout in the industry.
- Double your personal brand: Consider yourself as a brand and explore your skills and qualities that helpful to enhance your personal brand. Things you should do to increase your personal brand include below things:
* Craft your online profile through networking ,blogs and social media
* Create a personal website
* Explore the ways to upload content that enhance your personal brand
* Each and every online activity you did will helps in increasing your brand
* Let’s find ways to increase your online brand presence
- Create a cover letter: Create a cover letter with your professional history and achievements that tells your employer why you are applying for. You can also explain about your previous experience and how it will helpful in present job.
- Have a strong network: Connect with the people from same industry and same functional area and let them know that you are looking for a job. You can also each out people outside your circle and let them know that you are looking for a job.
- Change your job search mode: Change your job search mode by exploring different ways. Search jobs on online job portals and trusted consulting agencies to get in touch with the HR or hiring manager who can help you directly with the application.