Resume is the first impression of a job seeker. Following are trending top 26 resume tips to be followed.
1. Don’t dump everything on your resume: Make a note that your resume is the comprehensive list of your career history, experience, skills and other professional details.
2. Add the best on your resume top: Let’s ensure that you have added the best experiences and accomplishments visible on the top of your resume. This section grabs the attention of the hiring manager whenever you applied for the jobs.
3. Keep it chronological: Resume experts’ advice that chronological is the best way to organize the information on your resume.
4. Limit it to a page: Make sure that the information you have added should confined to one page. If you have worth information to showcase more than one page then go for it.
5. Make it simple: Follow a simple and standout resume format to keep it simple. You can use unique font or resume header to keep it simple and consistent.
6. More prominent contact info: Include a professional mail ID, contact number and desired location on your resume.
7. Work experience: Include most recent work history of your career and relevant positions you are applying for.
8. Curate your bullet points: Make sure that each section in your resume should contain only 5 to 6 bullet points.
9. Use unique words: Do not use the same words in your resume. Add unique words that will highlight your skills in your resume.
10. Use keywords: Make sure that you have added keywords in your resume.
11. Experience first and education next: Add your experience details on top followed by your education details in your resume.
12. List out your skills: Make sure that you have added a section to highlight relevant skills for the position applied.
13. Don’t include short term jobs: If you worked for a temporary job for only matter of months, then eliminate it from your resume.
14. Proof read your resume: Make sure that your resume is free of errors and typo mistakes.
15. Save it as a PDF file: It is advisable to send PDF file rather than sending a word doc format.
16. Update your profile regularly: Refresh your resume constantly like adding a skill that you have learned recently or training that you have come across recently.